Thursday, February 4, 2010

Quilt

Oh goodness, gracious! I am making a denim quilt. I have all the squares cut finally...170 of the stoopid things. That's what I did this evening...so tomorrow I can hopefully start sweing them together. Wish me luck. I first discovered the brilliance of a denim quilt in my cousin's dorm room. We had just gotten in from an evening of drinking up in the mountains (where there was still snow)...in May...and I was FREEZING! I covered up with this amazing invention and was quickly warmed. Then I had a WONDERFUL idear! I'd BUY a denim quilt...how expensive can they be? uhhhh...pretty darn...is how. Soooo...instead, I told the fam-damily that if they had any old jeans that they were going to throw away to give them to me because I was going to make a quilt. Thanks to my Grandma-ma and my Aunt Deena, and my husband...I quickly got enough pairs(PLUS MANY MORE) to slice and dice to make the best damn blanket on the face of the planet! I have to find a snuggly fleece or flannel to put on the back...and I am excited to be able to snuggle up under the warmth and weight of my family's jeans. What's even more great is how durable they are, and they can be handed down from generation to generation.*sigh* I'll keep you updated on the progress...since I am sure you are DYING to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment