Thursday, September 23, 2010

Photo Challenge: AGE

Hello Friday!!  I have longed for thee!  This week's photo challenge from RAZMATAZ is AGE.  I love history.  Partly because, like an ass...everybody has one! 

The kind of history I am most interested in is personal histories...family histories. Not so much world or american history...although still interesting, I like to hear people's stories much more.  I used to work in a rest home, and my favorite part was talking with the residents.  They would tell me about their mothers, about life on a ranch "back then", about living in the city, and what brought them to sleepy Montana, and my favorites...what MY grandparents were like when they were younger. 
This is also what I love about small towns.  Everybody knows everybody...and while that is not always convenient, it is pretty dang neat when you can go to the local museum and see the sewing machine for shoes that your great great grandpa used to make shoes for his family.  I love how every time we get together as a family, I learn something new about my elders' pasts. (like how my grandpa roped a deer when he was a teenager) and even though my Grandpa has only a 6th grade education (because after that, he had to help on the family farm) he is still one of the smartest people I know. 

My father loved History.  I think that is where I get my love of history from....he was so smart.  You could ask him anything about it and he would know, and explain it to you in a way that you would understand...he was so passionate.  I miss him very much. 

But anyways...I know that was somewhat random...but here are my photos for this week's photo challenge.  Enjoy!



 A Rusty Oil Drum we found in the mountains
Old house near our house

Old wash tubs in the barn
Thanks for Reading, Charity

3 comments:

  1. girl, your photos are always so great! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all great photos, but my favorite is the house. What history that had....I want to go inside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos, Charity! I loved your story too. You have a really nice way of writing! :)

    ReplyDelete