Sunday, September 12, 2010

Wonderful Weekend

Well, this weekend was a good un!  Friday night Jason and I went to a friend's birthday party and had a fabulous time with good friends, good food and good drinks! 

Saturday Jason and I hosted a "We will miss you, come back safe!" party for my brother who is on his way overseas for a year long tour in Iraq.  Again, a good time with great family, good friends, good food, and good drinks!  We will miss you, brother!  Thank you so much for your service to our country!  We LOVE you!

Today was spent ripping apart our master bathroom.  Now I need a good drink!  We have had a new bathtub sitting in our house in it's crate since before we even moved in....in June.  However, we are just now getting around to ripping out the old one, tearing up the old damaged flooring and fixing some plumbing issues.  So now, we have to install the new tub, put up the framing stuff that needs to be installed around the tub and shower, put in a new floor, put in new flooring, paint, install baseboards and decorate the beautiful mess.  I bought all the rugs, towels, towel bars/rings/hooks, shelves, pretty glass bubble bath/bath salt/bath oil bottles, toilet paper thingies, soap dispensers, etc. etc. before we moved....and they are all sitting neatly in a box in our closet just waiting to be put out and admired (because of course I couldnt put those lovely things out in an ugly unfinished bathroom!!)....I can't wait!!!  I will post before and after photos as soon as it is done!

I'm sure you are all thinking "well...thanks for that extra special glimpse into your life...."  but, I am excited since this is our first house, with our first yard, as husband and wife.

Thanks for Reading, Charity

1 comment:

  1. Oooh! Remodeling is hard work but so fun in the end! I hope it goes smoothly, and enjoy decorating it when it's done! :D

    ReplyDelete