Thursday, August 26, 2010

Country Living

I absolutely adore living in the country!  It's so peaceful sitting out on our deck and just hearing the wind through the leaves, the birds chirping and the creek running.  I got so used to hearing nothing but Interstate and sirens that I forgot how lovely it is.  I love having to chase deer from our garden (even if they are a pain in the butt and are eating everything), and watching them graze in the field below our house.  Just the other morning we were awoken to a mother wild turkey and her 12 babies in our yard, eating the bird seed from our bird feeder that had fallen on the ground.  We have the pleasure of living right across the dirt road from an elk farm too, and in the fall, when you get to wake up to elk bugling...wonderful!  I absolutely love living out here and you won't be able to drag me back to the city in a bazillion years!  I thought the drive back and forth to town would bother me but it's nice because it gives me time to think and unwind.  This is my heaven.

1 comment: