Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Love Like Crazy

There is a song that I love called "Love Like Crazy" by Lee Brice. My favorite part is the Chorus which goes:

"Be a best friend, tell the truth, and overuse 'I love you'
Go to work, do your best, don't outsmart your common sense
Never let your prayin knees get lazy
And love like crazy"


I think this sends a great message. 

I try to be the best friend I can be...some don't seem to appreciate this, or use me because I am (or was) too willing to help.  To some people the best friend I can be to them is an aquaintance, to some, it's to be a best friend, and I am perfectly happy to play both roles.  Sometimes I wish that more people were willing to play the part of  a good (meaning quality) friend to me, but oh well.  The only tride and true friend that I feel I have lives in California.  We have been friends FOREVER...like since we were babies forever, and I miss her terribly.  The best thing is that we can go weeks, months, or even years between talking or even seeing eachother, yet we pick up like we just saw eachother yesterday, and I love that we have that relationship.  I miss you Quinnie!

Telling the truth in all situations is difficult to do.  I tell the truth when it is necessary, but I believe in "white lies".

I totally overuse the phrase "I love you"...I tell everyone I love them!  But I ALWAYS mean it when I say it...weather it's just in that moment that I love them...or if I have loved them forever, it's always sincere.

I do my best at whatever work comes my way these days...but I am just as guilty as everyone else on earth in saying that I did have lazy days when working the 40 hour a week job.

My praying knees have gotten lazy the last few years...not so much lazy...but confused.  I believe in GOD...but I also believe that there is no one GOD...I feel like things would be easier to deal with in life if I had more faith, however I am confused about what to believe, just for myself.  I have a friend, Jen, who is so sure of her faith, Im a little jealous.  But she inspires me to strive to find out what I will choose to believe in. 

And loving like crazy?  Well...is there any other way to love?

1 comment:

  1. This post makes me miss you even more! You are such a great friend, each of us is extremely blessed to have you in our lives in whatever role acquantance (sp?) or otherwise! And don't worry about the faith thing too much, we all have our times of wonder/questioning/learning/growing. :) I love ya!

    ReplyDelete