Thursday, October 7, 2010

Salvation

A week or so ago, I wrote a post about finding my spiritual path.  About how I lost my way from God and about how confused I was about God, and about how lost I felt.  I complained about people being judgemental.  After I read said post again, I realized that I was judging them.  Nice huh?  So, I erased the post.  I probably shouldnt have, I probably should have kept it as a reminder to not throw stones...but...too late now. 

Anyways, on Sunday I met with the pastor of the church that I attended awhile ago and his wife.  I spoke with them about the ways I felt about my faith.  About how I was struggling with my faith.  And about how I felt that God was guiding me back to the church, and back to Christianity.  We talked for a long while, and I decided to accept God back into my lilfe.  We stood at the altar, I said The Sinner's Prayer, and asked God to forgive me for turning my back to him. 

I know it may sound crazy, but I felt better immediately.  I still have a long way to go to reach understanding.  However, I believe that I am on the right track.  I feel better and better each day with my decision, and I want to thank those who supported me through this difficult decision.

Thanks for Reading, Charity

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!!! That is SO GREAT, just remember God loves YOU no matter what "mistakes" etc you make he loves you and there is nothing that can make him stop!((BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete