Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Unemployed!

Well...I am officially without a job.  Last Friday, our facility was closed by the state.  We apparently had a really bad state survey (for the first time in a LONG time) and they found it necessary to close our doors.  It was quite the sad situation and last week while we had to say goodbye to our residents as we helped them and their families pack their belongings to be sent to another nursing home in a nearby city.  This closure put the people least involved in the "immediate jeopardy tags" out of jobs (CNA's, Dietary, Housekeeping, etc) before the people who were responsible for the issues.  Weird.  While this doesn't cause much heartbreak for me, since as stated before I was not fond of the job, and on the day we were notified of the closure (Tuesday) I had planned on talking to our HR person about going to part time or limited part time for the remainder of my pregnancy anyways. But it really makes me sad for the other workers who were laid off and especially for the Residents that had to pack up and ship out with only 2 days notice...Some of these people had been living at this facility for 20+  years.  It's just very sad.  So...for now, I will collect unemployment and use some of the Vacation pay that I was saving for maternity leave until I can find something else. Until then, I plan on enjoying the summer and have been doing some swimming/hiking in the meantime. Hope you are all enjoying the summer!  Take care!


In Strength, Love & Faith, Thanks for Reading, Charity

No comments:

Post a Comment