Wednesday, December 5, 2012

NEW BUSINESS!

Hey kids!  I hope that this finds you all doing well!
I have recently been offered a new, exciting business adventure, and I am stoked to share it with you!  My mom and her husband recently purchased our local florist business, and they asked me to run it!  I am pretty darn excited about this.  So far,it is pretty fun, AND I get to bring Hogan to work with me, which is awesome.
Before this came upon us, I had been planning to go back to work at the hospital (boo) for one day a week just to get out of the house, and earn a little extra money for fun stuff.  However, since I will be running this business mostly, I will be working 3 days a week (Wednesday through Friday) at the florist, and my mom will work the other two (Saturday and Tuesday). The main reason I didn't want to go to work more than what I was going to is because I didn't want to miss out on anything that my little baby does.  I used to work at a daycare with infants...and it absolutely BROKE my heart that I got to be the one who saw their son's first steps, or heard their daughter's first word.  Even things as simple as feeding them their first bowl of rice cereal made me so sad that I was the one to do this and that their parents were missing out on so much.  (Although it was pretty damn amazing to do these things personally) BUT, since I get to take him with me, I won't miss a thing!  I am sure that there will be days when I will call the babysitter and see if she can take him, but for now, this is just perfect.  We have been working our asses off moving, doing inventory, cleaning, and organizing, as well as taking phone orders.  I am hoping we can open our doors on Tuesday...but we will see. 

One of my creations, inspired by Pinterest!
In Strength, Love & Faith, Thanks for Reading, Charity

No comments:

Post a Comment