Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Hurt Feelings

So....apparently I work with a few back biting bitches....but I'm getting ahead of myself here.....let me start at the beginning.
This morning I  had a list of things that my boss wants me to do while I am on light duty.  I look it over and think "okay,cool, no biggie I can handle this"  Fast forward to after breakfast time.  My boss asks me into her office.  She asks me if the list was okay, if I thought that the tasks she mentions are things I can handle.  I tell her yes and that I can even do this, this and this too if she wants.  Great....mission accomplished.  THEN she brings up that the reason that she is making a "list" for me is so that if people have complaints about me not doing enough it falls back on her instead of me.  I was a little taken aback, and asked her if she has had complaints about me not doing enough since I'm on light duty.  She implies that yes...she has had complaints from my fellow Nurses Aides, not necessarily that I'm not doing enough, but that I'm on light duty at all.  I immediately get defensive, and list all the things that I do to help my co-workers because I know that it's frustrating that I get all the easy patients and they have all patients that require full assistance.  I am thinking in the back of my mind "do these people not understand what 'light duty' is?  Do they not understand that I CANNOT lift over 25 lbs, and just how much there is to do there that requires that I lift over 25 lbs?"  I mean, after I take care of my patients, I go behind them and wash beds and make beds and pick up laundry and make sure that the tub is cleaned out after they give baths and that their patients have towels and washcloths and anything else they might need that I can do that saves them time....and this is what they say?  That I'm not pulling my weight with what I can? My heart was broken that anybody would even say anything about this.  This is MY BABY...this is MY LIFE at stake...I could die from this,my baby could die from this if I do something to cause my placenta to tear and hemorrhage....and they are bitching because they have to take care of 2 extra patients?  While I totally understand their frustration...this makes me a little sad...I'm not faking this, I'm not being lazy, this is serious and I just wish they would understand.  I don't know what to do, I don't know what to say, maybe I should print off a list of complications that can happen, maybe I need to talk to everyone, maybe I just need to keep my head down, do my work and just let it roll of my shoulders and be comfortable in knowing that I am doing what I can and what I should to keep my baby safe, to keep myself safe and to still do a good job at work..and everyone else can just go fuck themselves.  I'm a little lost here...and my feelings are very hurt.  I don't know.

In Strength, Love & Faith, Thanks for Reading, Charity

2 comments:

  1. So not cool! I'm sorry this happened. It sucks when people don't see the big picture and get bitchy. Just keep plugging away and doing what you're doing. Your baby will thank you, and who cares what the other aides think? Just keep rocking your job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say do what you think will make it stress free as possible for yourself and your baby. Honestly, who cares what everybody has to say. You don't need to justify yourself to anyone. You know why you are on light duty and you are just trying to do what is best for yourself and your baby. Keep up the good work and take care of yourself

    ReplyDelete